Next Upgrade
Apr 1, 2005 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mith

100+ Head-Fier
At the moment I currently have what's in my signature. I'm thinking of getting my Beyers turned into 'Darth Beyers.' I am also thinking about getting either the K501s or the K271S. I am leaning more toward the K271S at the moment than either the 'Darth Beyer' or the K501. Please give me your input on these choices.

Oh, I mainly use my 'phones for gaming at the moment but I would like to listen to a larger variety of music. The DT770s have a really pulled back midrange. I really miss the vocals when I listen to Led and there's no way this would work well with classical.

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Usually, the upgrade path that works out real well is

1) Heaphones

2) Source

3) Amp

4) cables

So personally, i would say start thinking about source. Your probably happy with the darth beyers and most are pleased with their sound, so a change in source will bring the next significant change in your sound if you are happy with your cans

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 6
I am currently unhappy with my DT770s. With games they are great but for music they are not good at all.

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Well then there you go, you can change headphones and that will be the first step i would take to change your sound, at the transducer level is where you'll notice the most change because thats where the majority of distortion, resonance, and coloration occurs

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 6
Ah, another GTXP user! This'll probably sound crazy to some, but I actually find it to be quite a good source, even when compared to the ever popular AV710; at least I like the music that it pumps into my cans.
smily_headphones1.gif
Nice to know that there are others out there.

Anyway, other good all-around cans that you might consider are DT250 (closed), DT440 (open), and the HD595 (open). You'll find plenty of info for these on the boards here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back