Next Upgrade: Need New DAC ~170-200 to replace my AlienDAC
Mar 28, 2007 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

makasin

100+ Head-Fier
Ive got the Senn HD650s and the GLite, and all I need now is a better DAC so I can truly appreciate these beautiful cans. I am confused as to what I should get and if there is anything in this price range that can make a large difference from the Alien. I am thinking about getting a Zhaolu or an Emu 0404 USB. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont really know too much about DACs.

EDIT: Basically I am looking for a detailed and lively DAC that would pair well with my 650s

Mar 28, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Mar 28, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 6
How much did it cost you and where did you get this?
One thing I am concerned about is the fact that my onboard sound card (AC'97 crapsticks) has optical out but I dont know if it's bit-perfect. However, I also have the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro that has optical out as well. Would these optical sources be sufficient for me to realize a good increase in sonic performance?

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 6
How does the DAC AH sound?

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I got it from http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...177158-1427309

I can not comment on your source. My source is Apple/iTunes...which is bit perfect. I was using it with optical out. It has 4 source switch which comes in handy incase you have multiple digital source. It has a built-in head-amp...but it's not good. I was using it for DAC only and it's very good...especially with power cap change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much did it cost you and where did you get this?
One thing I am concerned about is the fact that my onboard sound card (AC'97 crapsticks) has optical out but I dont know if it's bit-perfect. However, I also have the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro that has optical out as well. Would these optical sources be sufficient for me to realize a good increase in sonic performance?

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Well my source application is foobar2000 which is bit perfect and all, but I dont know for sure that my sound card is going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back