Next Step
Feb 22, 2009 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Poison Shroom

New Head-Fier
So, as I said in prior threads, I ordered a pair of Denon AH-D2000s.

Now, as my main two sources, I'll my using my iPhone, and a Creative Zen (Micro? Its the credit-card sized version.) Anyway, I tend to use the iPhone more since I don't charge the Zen often enough.

So, I don't know what's important to do next.
I've seen a few of the portable rig threads so I'm kinda confused.

Right now, I only want to spend another $100 for a amp/amp+cables.
I've seen the dock line out plugs without cables ($50 seems like a lot for one, is there a DIY out there?) and after googling Black Dragon Cables I found out about moon-audio.com it seems recabling makes a difference for any headphone, even if they cost $20.

So, thats my question, should I pick up a $30 CMoy or a FiiS' E5, and some cables, or just get a better $100 amp and wait for the cables? I need specifics on where to look etc. I don't mind reading, and I don't understand a lot besides good audio is a good thing. So, help! Please!

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I say check out the buy-sell forum and find yourself a nice little amp for 100$ and get a cheap cable or dock from ebay...i think they'll really do the phones justice.

The Fiio i'm sure we'll give you a lil boost in SQ but i dont think anything dramatic, but i mean for 20$ the Fiio is definitely worth a try and worse case just gift it or sell it...

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Okay thanks for the help guys, and I glad you like the cans.
I've bought headphones (well shure earbuds) for my last two birthdays, and as much as I love them I figured cans are the way to go with sound quality and whatnot.

I'll go check out the forums now just to get an idea.
Thanks again, nice quick responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back