next step up from the AD700 ???
May 30, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados with comfy pads are more comfortable than AD700/900s.
wink.gif
The ATH phones smother like half your face and you feel those wing things bearing down on your head. There's also metal driver covers inside that can press on your ear. With grados, you don't even really notice you're wearing them, and your ears just get a little warm after an hour or so, which they also do with the AD700s (along with half your face
redface.gif
).

Myth of grado "discomfort" has got to go! Mostly that's about bowls and flat pads anyway, not the comfy pads.
wink.gif

I've tried just about every pad configuration out there on my grados and while I do agree that Grado discomfort is exaggerated (assuming you stretch the headband out enough), there is no grado configuration that makes them come anywhere near AD700's or AD900's, IMHO.

May 31, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 20
"hello folks , first post here . been lurking for a few weeks here and other www places learning some about different opinions and recomendations about headphones . im 47 and used to be really into music a lot as a kid and even did sound/pa for a few bands and a theatrical dinner theare show of Maude and did sound for the last of the tommy dosy big band some 30 odd years ago" .

This is from another thread Bootymonster started earlier today. In bold he says he is 47 and did sound for Tommy Dorsey some 30 odd years ago. That made him a sound guy for one of the premier big bands of the mid 20th century, at the ripe old age of 17 at best. Again, if you Hurryup (I think we both know what I'm saying) and make a decision, we would be glad to know what it is.

May 31, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #19 of 20
well busta . you seem to think youve found a discripency or some "dirt" , LOL , but ive seen your kind on other forums . the tommy dorsy thing was one of the dinner theater type shows we did but this was an all night affair . i did not and never said i traveled with them . the band i did sound for had a regular deal with the place that sponsored those shows . they were $100 to $500 a plate shows that went back into the theater . it was a one nite thing , but still a neat memory for me . not that i have to prove anything to you or anyone else , but im new and thought id respond nicely .

so i started 2 threads in 2 days asking about headphones and now im supposed to just run right out and buy them because someone is inpatient for me to spend my money ? LOL , fortunately a few bad apples dont spoil the whole bunch .

thanks to the folks with the constructive replies .
for the haters ........ well......... keep on keepin on i guess , its not like truth or wisdom will affect you .

May 31, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOOTYMONSTER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well busta . you seem to think youve found a discripency or some "dirt" , LOL , but ive seen your kind on other forums . the tommy dorsy thing was one of the dinner theater type shows we did but this was an all night affair . i did not and never said i traveled with them . the band i did sound for had a regular deal with the place that sponsored those shows . they were $100 to $500 a plate shows that went back into the theater . it was a one nite thing , but still a neat memory for me . not that i have to prove anything to you or anyone else , but im new and thought id respond nicely .

so i started 2 threads in 2 days asking about headphones and now im supposed to just run right out and buy them because someone is inpatient for me to spend my money ? LOL , fortunately a few bad apples dont spoil the whole bunch .

thanks to the folks with the constructive replies .
for the haters ........ well......... keep on keepin on i guess , its not like truth or wisdom will affect you .

Lucky is one of those people who just needs to go one your ignore list. Good luck looking for headphones and dont be shy if you have a question.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back