Next step up from AV-710?
Dec 14, 2008 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

perdomot

100+ Head-Fier
Can't seem to get Asio or KS working even with F2K so I'm thinking of getting another sound card. What would be the next step up? I want to be able to get bit perfect output of 96kHz like the 710, preferably under $100. Thanks.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 4
The ASUS XONAR DX or the Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic I would guess. I wanted to get the AV710 a year back and it wasn't available. I just moved to the XONAR DX from a Realtek onboard 2-3 days back and I'm honestly blown away by it
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm now waiting for my JVC RX700 headphones to arrive.

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by perdomot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't seem to get Asio or KS working even with F2K so I'm thinking of getting another sound card.

IMO, this is a faulty premise. Sure...there are better soundcards than the AV-710 out there (although maybe not the incredible bargain this card once was), and you may want to upgrade for any number of reasons. But, based on my and others' collective experiences, I'm reasonably certain that the card itself is not the culprit here.

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, this is a faulty premise. Sure...there are better soundcards than the AV-710 out there (although maybe not the incredible bargain this card once was), and you may want to upgrade for any number of reasons. But, based on my and others' collective experiences, I'm reasonably certain that the card itself is not the culprit here.

Perhaps I should have said I can't get it to work reliably instead. For some reason, the audio will suddenly stop working at times when I'm playing files(vid and aud). I also can't use Standyby mode because the audio doesn't come back. The card works fine if you just use the regular green port but I got the card for Wolfson DAC and the "ability" to get bit perfect playback at hi sample rates. I'd rather not deal with the unreliability factor.

I was looking at the Xonar cards as well as the X-Fi and the Auzentech ones. Creatives problems with drivers appears to still be around so I'm more interested in the other two companies at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back