Next step up from a uDAC?
Feb 23, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iBasso D10 which is in the ballpark of the uDac in terms of SQ. I also have the Audio-gd Ref-1 DAC and Roc amp. The leap in SQ from the D10 to the Ref-1/Roc combo (about $2500) is maybe not as huge as you might expect but definitely there. So, as a perspective, if you are really looking to upgrade, I think a $300 DAC upgrade from the $100 uDac would be subtle and possibly disappointing. DAC's like the DAC19 (or similar level) are what I would consider the minimum upgrade to be able to really hear what that money can give you. BTW, I use a HD580 with the system mentioned above to great success.

Cool comparison between the D10 and uDac. I was thinking about the D10 or D4 down the road, but not you've got me thinking. Do you find that the sound stage is in the same ballpark too? I find it a smaller ballpark next to the Cambridge Audio DacMagic.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #17 of 19
DacMagic

Keces 151

both excellent DACs for different reasons

personally preferred the 151 but I could be equally happy with both and they're both a step up from the uDac.

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #18 of 19
i have tried to find the keces website without much luck. do you have a URL? is it an ebay store thing? if so, how do you find the customer service?

thanks,

d

Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DacMagic

Keces 151

both excellent DACs for different reasons

personally preferred the 151 but I could be equally happy with both and they're both a step up from the uDac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back