Next step above Audioengine A5?
Nov 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xFih2

Head-Fier
So, one of my A5 speakers is messed up and plays at a lower volume than the other one, and Christmas is coming up so I've been looking around at speakers.
I'm looking for active monitors for $500-700 that will work with my HSU VTF-2 subwoofer. I have my eye on the Mackie MR5 or MR8, but other options would definitely be helpful.

The A5's have a subwoofer output which is nice, but that doesn't seem all that common with other speakers, so how would I go about hooking them up to one's that you'd recommend?

I would be using them with my TV, and the cable box have RCA outputs for that. For music, I use USB to HeadRoom Desktop amp, and then use those RCA outputs to the speakers.

Also, around here I see a lot of studio monitor threads, but are there any good active ones that are fun and better for listening and less for mixing?

Thanks for the help.

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mackies are a very good choice. I definitely feel they are an upgrade from Audioengines.

Would splitting the RCA cables (one to the speaker, one to the sub) be the way to go about hooking the sub to the speakers? That's how my friend does it, but not sure if it's the most ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back