Next phones after I get an amp.
May 13, 2008 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

moogoob

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all, my next purchase is going to be a starter amp. I'm staring at the Bithead, for sheer bang/buck ratio. After that, I think I'll upgrade in a few months time. What would you do? (price range $300-$400, and I only buy new for various reasons)

-Upgrade Sennheisers - HD595s look a pretty-pretty nice, and sound great too, though if I can find the 650s cheap enough new/refurb I'd look at them too.
-Upgrade Grados - I love my punchy, speedy SR80s, but you can't get more metal than a pair of the SR325i phones. I've had a bit of listening to them and love the punch.
-Go on a tangent and get the k601s - I do appreciate a wide soundstage, which is something you don't get with Grados. Plus some of my (non-metal) music should sound nice through them
smily_headphones1.gif
As a plus, you can get the 601s fairly inexpensive.
-Upgrade closed and get the d2000s - how does Trance/industrial/techno sound through these?

I listen mainly to metal, but mix it up with Techno, Trance, Industrial Synthpop, Prog Rock, Pink Floyd and a good dose of Bjork.

So, what do you all think about my options?

May 13, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Don't worry, a Millet's on my mind too, but not for a while. The reasoning for the Bithead is so I can do double duty- I intend to use it with my iPod and an LOD portably, and as a decent USB DAC with my laptop.

EDIT: But I'll check out the Headsix too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for your opinions.

May 13, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm in the same situation here, started with Senn 280 Pros, have moved on to Grado SR225's (love them) Have Px100 and have just ordered Yuin PK2's for my iPod. Have been looking for a Amp/Dac Combo. Started at the Bithead, worked my way all the way to the Predator or Pica, WOW my wife would KILL me. Have gone back down to the iBasso D2 Viper, at at $200 or so price may be the thing for me, only problem it's out of stock, now just waiting for it to become available again so I can pull the trigger. Good Luck, lots of choices. Happy Hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back