Next pair of headphones, please help?
Jun 7, 2010 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Rock n Rolla

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am back after about a year with my sennheiser hd650s and my hifiman2 hybrid amp. (thanks bros they sound so freaking good and I still am rocking them on my home computer.)

Now the time has come for me to buy another pair of headphones, not ones to replace my sennheisers, but headphones to replace my portable earbuds (currently bose in-ear headphones). I don't like the in ear design and I would like to buy some headphones to replace them.

I am willing to spend up to around 80 dollars if I need too (*sigh* If I MUST I will spend up to 100 dollars). I need these headphones to be portable (not big headphones like the hd650s) and they need to run well without an amp (I'm plugging them directly into my iPad)

I was looking at the following:

[size=1.7em] -Grado Prestige Series SR-60i Padded Headphones[/size]

-sennheiser px100s (I heard there were some build qulity issues)
-Koss PortaPro headphones
-Sennheiser hd202s
-Sennheiser hd280s (maybe, only if there freaking amazing ampless headphones)
-Audio Technica ATH-M50s (doubt I would go this high, just listing this cause I was looking at it.)

I listen to everything from reggae to progressive death metal to techno and trance. (I don't care whether it sounds the same as the 650s or not)

I am currently leaning towards the grados. Please recommend me good headphones.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 10
You could save lotsa money and just get some KSC75s :)

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #6 of 10
I have decided that i am going to go with the PortaPros for a few reasons. They are pretty portable. They are also very cheap (so even in the event that i don't like them i won't feel bad because I only spent 30 bucks on them). I also heard they sound great with .mp3s and thats what i need them to do.

Jun 8, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #8 of 10
I would say that the porta pros are a good choice. They sound good just in general, much less whether or not they are used with MP3s.

I rarely use mine though...I am addicted to the much larger V6s.

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I would say that the porta pros are a good choice. They sound good just in general, much less whether or not they are used with MP3s.

I rarely use mine though...I am addicted to the much larger V6s.

Hmmmmm then maybe I will spend a little more money for the grados......haha I don't wanna end up ditching the grados for my hd600s unamped hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back