Next Nashville Meet?
Jan 15, 2005 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Morphling

100+ Head-Fier
When's the next Nashville meet going to happen?

Jan 29, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 46
Good question. Whenever somebody sets it up. (Hint, hint)
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog
Good question. Whenever somebody sets it up. (Hint, hint)
wink.gif

I concur!

Feb 2, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 46
Well, I'd set one up, but I'm currently at MTSU and taking 18 hours of classes so my schedules kind of full.
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 46
How very interesting... I was thinking the same thing. I'd be up for hosting another one at my workplace if everyone's interested. How soon were you wanting to do one?

I'm open to suggestions for modifications and improvements on the last one.

Feb 2, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
How very interesting... I was thinking the same thing. I'd be up for hosting another one at my workplace if everyone's interested. How soon were you wanting to do one?

I'm open to suggestions for modifications and improvements on the last one.

I don't know when would be a good time for everyone else. But any weekend is fine with me.

As for changes... I thought the last one went very well. And can't really think of anything I would change.

Feb 5, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #8 of 46
We should iron out a date here for us to plan for. I've picked up a few new goodies (Woo Audio/RS XP-7/K1000s) to bring to the table.

Unfortunately I'm pretty phuking sad at the moment. One of our co-workers suffered a mild heart attack last Friday and had a stint put in. I saw him last Monday and he looked and sounded great. You'd never know he'd had one and had a procedure done. His doc said that his heart was in really good shape except for the artery they put the stint in and that he should make a full recovery. He went home on Tuesday for recouperation and was supposed to be off for another week or so. This Thursday his wife came downstairs at 10am to give him his medication and found him face down in his office. Evidently what ever happened was quick because he was still wrapped up in a blanket. She started CPR and called the EMTs. After they got there they worked on him about 10 minutes and told her it had been too long to try and revive him. It looks like a piece of plac may have broken off and caused whatever may have happened. His funeral is this Monday.

The day of our meet he came in to edit, but he took the time to help me out as we began to set up, so I'm pretty down at the moment. Adam would have wanted the next meet to go ahead so let's start narrowing down a time.

Stephen

Feb 10, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #9 of 46
I'm sorry for your loss
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 46
Archosman when would be good for you?

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 46
How about March 5th (Saturday) at my work facility again? That would be about 3 weeks away. 10:00-11:00 ante meridiem?

Feb 11, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
How about March 5th (Saturday) at my work facility again? That would be about 3 weeks away. 10:00-11:00 ante meridiem?

Sounds good to me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #14 of 46
I think March 5th works for me as well.
At the Florida meet last year, we had all the gear in one room. I'm sure some would say it was a bit loud (gsferrari), but I thought it helped everyone get to know each other better and was also more conducive to A-Bing. That big edit room where Ray had all of his stuff set up could hold a lot of stuff.
But if you really wanted to sit and listen critically I can't think of any better situation than what we had. I guess I just like to be closer to everybody.

Feb 12, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #15 of 46
hi! I am from Chicago, but my girlfriend lives in Clarksville, which is about 45 minutes north of Nashville, off of exit 11. I visit her about once a month, and would love to come to the meet if that would be cool! I have a jolida 100a with various tubes as a source, and an sr-71, i could bring those down as well! I love meets, my first one was the chicago one at Ray's, look forward to meeting new people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back