Next level after Super.Fi 3 ? Any better <$100
May 22, 2008 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Abouna

500+ Head-Fier
Ever since picking up the UE [size=x-small]Super.Fi 3s in January I can't stand my previous sub-$100 IEM JBL 220s'. I just can't get over how much better the UEs are.

Makes me wonder what would be the next level up in noticeable increase of quality?
[/size]

May 29, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 6
I am waiting for CX 500 (92) hoping they are refined versions of CX300s

May 29, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 6
If you like your SF3s but want more bottom-end whilst retaining clarity, I highly suggest used E4cs that can be had for $120 (even if it's above your budget).

Below $100 is very difficult to upgrade, but you can have different sound qualities keeping in mind that isolation isn't your biggest issue.

Head-direct RE2 can be had for $80; considered some of the best sub-100 iems now. Search the forums for reviews/comparisons. They seem impressive.

Denon C551's might have slightly less clarity than the SF3s but make up for it with a more balanced presentation with (of course) bass.

Mylarones are well-rounded but have build quality issues unless they've updated them. They can be modded for better durability.

Altec Lansings are only good with an amp (supposedly). Otherwise, they can't be much different than SF3s.

/2cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back