Next ipod: iPod Movie!
Jan 9, 2006 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

CamelBackCinema

500+ Head-Fier
lalalal2.jpg

That is just the back of the player. If you guys go to your local magazine/book store, you will be able to take a glimpse at pictures of the potential new iPod Movie. The screen looks very big (widescreen) probably about 4 or 5 inch screen. The play button is on the right and the skip/FF/R buttons as well as menu buttons are on the right with the screen in the middle. The ipod Movie doesn't seem to have a click/scroll wheel. But it has the same design of being simple and white etc. etc. No internal speakers so you would still need headphones. I can't seem to find any pictures of the front but if I go back soon I will take my digital camera and show you guys.

I also found this picture of maybe a new nano. They are calling it nano iPlay.

nanoiplay.jpg

P.S. I saw the first (not the nano black picture) in a couple of magazines so seems like it is legit. Funny how I can't find a picture of the freaking front. But keep in mind the products are still in the prototype phase and could change drastically between now and release.

I am personally sold on the idea and will probably buy it. They had no specifications on what they are keeping or adding. I just know that the player will be better integrated to play movies. Hopefully before it is released, ipod video owners will have some kind of official software to rip dvds straight to ipod compatible formats.

frown.gif
I wish my ipod video could finish atleast 1 extended edition of LOTR without dying.

Jan 9, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 21
The first picture is a fake. How do I know? The "Movie" on the back of the player is spelled with a capital "M." Apple always uses lowercase, e.g., iPod "nano," iPod "video," et al.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyoo
The first picture is a fake. How do I know? The "Movie" on the back of the player is spelled with a capital "M." Apple always uses lowercase, e.g., iPod "nano," iPod "video," et al.

Naw, there was the iPod "Photo". Plus according to Apple, the new iPod is not the iPod Video. It's not a bad guess though but then again, Apple design is not the hardest thing to predict, neh?

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 21
Also notice that the first pic has two headphones jacks...?? I think someone screwed up! LOL But you never know maybe it's so two people can watch and listen together!
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 21
Fake for three reasons:

1) Apple canceled the 4 pin connector by the headphone jack, did they not?

2) 2 headphone jack ( pointed out already, but could happen. I believe the first Sony Walkman from way back when was made with 2 headphones jacks because Sony was afraid people would become anti-social.)

3) Its not symetrical. What are left-handed people going to do? Apple probably knows people are left-handed, and probably would not direct a product to a more right-handed group. I have a feeling thats why the scroll wheel has been a great design.

No offense to some people, but how could some people be so gullable? Just because it has an apple on it and says "ipod" it doesn't mean its real or its going to be the next ipod.

The nano iPlay? hmm. wierd. Yet interesting.

EDIT: I was interested in the nano iPlay, and I kind of have proof its fakeness

http://chinese.engadget.com/2005/09/...ation-of-nano/
The 3rd pic shows it with a b&w screen. Wouldnt apple keep the color screen?
And look at the date on the post. Sept. 21/05. So we've been speculating product for almost 4 months.
Plus apple just had one of those meetings thingies, did they not? They would've probably showed it if it was real.

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #11 of 21
Y'know, you always have people complaining about having a scroll-wheel or D-pad to one side of the device, but really, I'm sure no left-handed person has a problem with using a scroll-whell or directional joystick with their right hand. It's not like it requires a lot of accuracy or dexterity, neh?

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by carsncars
Y'know, you always have people complaining about having a scroll-wheel or D-pad to one side of the device, but really, I'm sure no left-handed person has a problem with using a scroll-whell or directional joystick with their right hand. It's not like it requires a lot of accuracy or dexterity, neh?

Lucky me, I'm ambidextrous. It helps with soldering a bit. If a board is small enough to fit in my hands, i can turn it upside down, and hold the component close to the board with both of my pinkies, hold the board in place with my middle and ring finger with both hands, while holding the iron in my right thumb and index finger and the solder with my left thumb and index finger. My friend says I look like a spider when i do it
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by joostoo
3) Its not symetrical. What are left-handed people going to do? Apple probably knows people are left-handed, and probably would not direct a product to a more right-handed group. I have a feeling thats why the scroll wheel has been a great design.

I think it's fake too, but to be fair, they could do something like Rio did with the karma. Observe:
attachment.php

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsabo
I think it's fake too, but to be fair, they could do something like Rio did with the karma. Observe:
attachment.php

Not really sure what they did with the karma, but if i get what your saying from the picture, then they would have to do something to the screen to make it flip like that/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back