Next Headphones
Feb 1, 2016 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DBugs

New Head-Fier
Hello,
As I am new to this site, and appreciate the opportunity to ask questions.  Currently, I listen to FLAC files digitally from my Ipad, via USB into my NAPA NA-208HP amp driving Grado RS1 headphones.  This works well when the house is quiet.  Allowing for less fidelity, I need a recommendation for headphones to be used while traveling and playing drums.  Wireless would be a big bonus.  I plan to own these for many years and am willing to look at most any price range.

Where do I start?

Thanks,

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 3
I would suggest looking at some reviews about the AKG K845bt, I really like their sound and they're my go to phones for commuting.
I don't know about your drumming though.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I would recommend for you to get CIEMs (Custom In Ear Monitors). If you get the ear impressions done properly, they will fit perfectly, isolate extremely well and give you a great musical experience.

To be honest with you, I think many CIEMs are of higher fidelity than the RS1. The only real forte in fidelity for the RS1 would be it's detail retrieval and CIEMs excel on that front too. Of course the soundstage will be smaller with CIEMs, but that is to be expected from any noise isolating headphones/earphones. Grados are mainly popular for their unique sound signature and that's perfectly fine, but for fidelity you probably won't need to take a step down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back