Next DAP for me.. LPGT, M15 R8 P6 or DX220Maxx-Help me spend my money!
Jul 12, 2020 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

fzman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello All! Thought I would throw this one out there for a general concensus on what should be next for me. Please have heard at least 2 of the players I own, or are targeting--speak only from first-hand experience please.

I currently own (as my go-to daily drivers) AK SP2000CU, which I like very much. I also have a Cayin N6II w /A01 module. In addition, I;ve got several other daps, which get little to no use and I should probably sell them off. I have a Sony 1Z, which i like less, now that I've got the SP2K and the N6II.

I use the DAP for strictly portable use- taking walks, sitting at cafes/coffee shops, (outdoors, at least for now) etc. Sometimes I will use my DAP on the front porch, but i do not use one as a USB-DAC, and seldom listen to non-stored aka streamed content with my DAP. Gotta ne able to read the screen in the sunlight outdoors-- not negiotiable!!!!!

Main iems are Campfire Solaris OG, Andromeda Golds, But also dig my Kaede, Flares, XBA-Z5s and ciem EE Athenas and 6 driver CTMs. Go-to cans, just for sonic preferences, are Meze Empyrian, ZMF Auteur, and PS2000e and Utopias.

I listen to lots of acoustic jazz, prog rock, and nu-metal, and timbral accuracy and 'that you are there' thing is very important to me. I am happy with what I currently have, bnut there are several new kids on the block, and I am curious enough to break out the credit card. The Luxury & Precision P6 caught my eye, (and the R2R2K beacuse of audionewbi's review) but i would also consider the 220 Maxx, although I was underwhelmed with the 220 (didn't think it was bad, great value in fact, but didn;t bring anything nerw to MY table).

I have a mod-ed Paw Gold, and find it sounds very good, but can;t read the screen ouotdoors, and have most of my cables set up for 2.5 or 4.4. It is a tiny touch too lean for me, but is very open - not sure if that disqualifies the Touch for me (never actually heard one).

I haven;t really spend much time listening to Hiby or Shanling daps, so nut sure about the R8....

On paper the Fiio M15 looks to have features for days -- but have not heard a Fiio since I had an X5 oh so long ago.

Lastly, since I already have an N6II, should I just get a few new modules for it, and call it a day? I want great sound, but I know myself, and want great ergonomics to go with that great sound, and want to be able to read the f-ing screen in broad daylight. My primary goal is to get even better sonic performance, not just value for dollar!

Unleash the hounds!

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 7
Oopsie, forgot to mention Cayin N8 as well

Jul 12, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Looking..... I have heard one at a Can-Jam. Liked it.

Jul 12, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 7
Looking..... I have heard one at a Can-Jam. Liked it.

Ah! I see! Man, i wish I had more to offer on this subject. I thoroughly enjoyed the N6II and the 1Z but I stopped there. My m11 hangs around for emergency purposes and I haven’t heard the M15. I’m just as interested as you to see what everybody is going to say. You’ve had a large chunk of the market lol. But i know that itch and it sounds like you’re absolutely ready to get something. N8 might be it!

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 7
Ended up with none of the above. Ended up with Lotoo PAW 6000 -- best decision I've made in quite sone time

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back