Next amp advice: RSA Mustang/Shadow/2Stepdance
Aug 11, 2011 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

no_mas_123

New Head-Fier
I'm going to get another amp real soon and wanted to get an opinion on the Mustang, Shadow and 2Stepdance.  I was leaning toward the Mustang for its mids, but the 2Stepdance was released also.  I have the Arrow now and enjoy it but I just got the CLAS and now have 2 rigs to use, but only one amp.  I have the following:
1. iMod > Arrow
2. iPod classic > CLAS > Arrow
Main iem is the SE530.  At some point I will go the custom route and try the ES5, or JH13/16. I just don't want to swap the amp around all the time, and its time to try something else.
Skylabs amp review rated the Stepdance(and Mustang) highly and I assume the 2Stepdance sounds just as good judging from the few reviews I've seen.  I've seen less info on the Shadow other than it's similar in sound quality to the Mustang with smaller size and digital volume.  Size is not that important since I carry my stuff in a backpack anyway(and no, I'm not a student 
normal_smile .gif
).  I'll put sound quality up as the priority, and realize that I'm not getting the bass I want with the SE530s, but that will come later when I go the custom route(right?).  My music is rock, blues, soul and jazz.  There probably isn't anyone with personal experience for all three, but 2 of the 3 would be great. Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back