Newly converted from the horrors of Skullcandy
Nov 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Commiecomrade

New Head-Fier
Hi, new guy here, let me tell you my life story.

First had iPod earbuds. Didn't know any better. Threw them out.
Then had JVC on-ear headphones. They were nice and cheap at around $20, but I didn't know what model. Lost connection in the left phone, threw them out.
Got Sony headphones with that little battery powered bass amplifier in the right phone. Stupid right-angle connector broke, threw them out.
Had nothing, so reverted to late 80's studio ones. Didn't provide good range or quality, left to just computer use.
Got Skullcrushers for $75. Crackling starting in left phone after 3 weeks. Really angry. This is probably the worst decision ever made.

So, I'm asking you guys here for advice on some new phones, but ones that are not only better quality than the Skullcandy ones, but are less of an eyesore and have more longevity. I went through all these headphones in a year and a half.

What good ones can I get for less than $100? Or is that not enough?

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 6
If you like bass and an all rounder headphones, you'll find that the ATH-M50 are probably the most recommended for around $100. Research them there are many threads dedicated to them.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 6
@deaththeorist: Circumaural and probably closed. I had to look these terms up.

@Rokusha: Those look like good ones! Do you think I could get them from a retailer like Best Buy or somewhere?

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:Originally Posted by Commiecomrade 

"@deaththeorist: Circumaural and probably closed. I had to look these terms up.
@Rokusha: Those look like good ones! Do you think I could get them from a retailer like Best Buy or somewhere?"

They are readily available on the Sales Forum here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back