Newest Ipad Mini or Ipod touch or X1? Also streaming advice
Dec 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JMACK45

New Head-Fier
I'm hoping this is the right place for this post if not please point me in right spot...

I'm trying to decide if there is really difference for audio listening purposes between the newest Ipad Mini and the ipod touch, they are basically the same price.. I get the size factor, but is there any other major differences? I only use IEM's as listed in my profile so don't think that driving them is a huge issue.. I am starting to play a little with EQ, but both Apple products should have the same apps available. Am I overlooking anything about the internals of the ipod vs the mini?

Edit: Or is the X1 a better route to go? I can't find a thread comparing it to Apple product.

Part 2: Streaming....vs storing all my music...
And this might be better in another area but adding it to this for any input.
I mostly listen at home or if I'm out I could plan ahead and synch appropriately...so I am wondering if I should look into streaming more vs having a large capacity hard drive, obviously larger capacity is more expensive. But I'm thinking if I can stream quality audio from my own collection or a high service (google, spotify, Beats, were the main ones I was considering) would that be a good option. All my music is 320kps which most streaming services claim to be able to do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back