Newest Hi-Fi DAP
Apr 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OddCoffee

New Head-Fier
I'm pretty sick of having to lug around several devices just to enjoy great sound and I want to know about new and upcoming portable DAPs. The problem with most new DAPs seems to be that they don't keep up with the trend of flashy technology (although i understand that not all people want that for practical reasons) such as large touch screens, great UI, gapless playback, high processing power and compact design. I really don't care about cost as long as it's under a grand, and even then if it's good ill consider it. Of course the aim would be to also have high a quality DAC and a powerful amp.

So list away. For reference, I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 650's. Mmmmhhhmmmm, that smooth ear feel. 

Cheers, 
Connor. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I'm pretty sick of having to lug around several devices just to enjoy great sound and I want to know about new and upcoming portable DAPs. The problem with most new DAPs seems to be that they don't keep up with the trend of flashy technology (although i understand that not all people want that for practical reasons) such as large touch screens, great UI, gapless playback, high processing power and compact design. I really don't care about cost as long as it's under a grand, and even then if it's good ill consider it. Of course the aim would be to also have high a quality DAC and a powerful amp.

So list away. For reference, I own a pair of Sennheiser HD 650's. Mmmmhhhmmmm, that smooth ear feel. 

Cheers, 
Connor. 

Why is that a problem? Most DAPs don't follow that trend because they're audio players, not multimedia devices.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 4
The Andriod based DAPs like iBasso X100 are pretty good because they are not only offers amazing soundquality but same time they has great UI and extra features. HiFiMan HM802 are also very good powerful sounding DAPs.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Why is that a problem? Most DAPs don't follow that trend because they're audio players, not multimedia devices.

Because I am a superficial wanker, I like flashy things 
biggrin.gif
 (something I need to figure out how to put in my signature as a generic answers to most questions, haha). So really, i'm the problem. 

But still, i've been looking into the iriver AK 100. This is cool, but is there any new units rumoured or something? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back