Newer iPad --> HRT Music Streamer II --> Home Stereo?
Oct 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

NamastePlenny

New Head-Fier
Has anyone successfully achieved this?  I contacted HRT and they said that due to MFi program restrictions they could not provide guidance for unofficially supported uses.  The main limitation appears to be that Lightning equipped products do not supply enough power to handle the Music Streamer II DAC.  They did allude to the fact that someone clever could make it work with an iPad, just could not, apparently legally, provide direction.  I realize there is the iStreamer, just hoping to not have to pay $200 for yet another DAC.  Does anyone out there know how to make the iPad (or iPod Touch) work with the HRT Music Streamer II?

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 4
I read that you should be able to use a powered usb hub and make it work but the one that I have was unsuccessful at sending signal to my streamer ii.

I thought I was all set with my Galaxy SIII powering my hrt up at my cabin but then samsungs next software release did not support usb audio so now I am trying to get the iPad to work with the streamer ii

Anybody else?

Jul 11, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Assuming you have a USB out on your iPad, if you take a Y-USB cable (splitter) and plug one end into a powered hub and one into your iPad shouldn't that be recognized as a device similar to a Mac? I don't see what the issue would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back