Newcomer
Oct 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IvoW

New Head-Fier
Hi, please let me introduce myself. I’m sliwly graduating from massmarket & trends (Beats Studio 3, Klipsch X10i etc) towards more serious stuff: Dragonfly Red with the intention to purchase Shure SE846. I’m focusing now on real quality instead of marketing buzz.Any tips would be welcome! Cheers

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi, please let me introduce myself. I’m sliwly graduating from massmarket & trends (Beats Studio 3, Klipsch X10i etc) towards more serious stuff: Dragonfly Red with the intention to purchase Shure SE846. I’m focusing now on real quality instead of marketing buzz.Any tips would be welcome! Cheers
Welcome aboard, @IvoW!! What are you looking for in terms of advice from us? What specifically are you looking to do in terms of gear? What is your budget? What sound signature do you prefer?

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for your message! I am studying the excellent information at Head-Fi and learning a lot. I’m focussing on high-end sound for mobile and home use. My sound preference is bass-oriented, I do not like overly sharp treble.
My first plan was to use a bluetooth connected device, but I’m afraid this will introduce quality losses. My new plan is to apply a iem with excellent bass like Shure SE846 with a decent DAC that can be connected to my MacBook and iPhone: I have a Dragonfly red and wonder whether an IFI xDSD would be a significant improvement. Would the Shure be the best bet despite its age, or have new alternatives been introduced that offer better value?
These are my current thoughts... Thanks for any advice!
Ivo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back