Newcastle University
Mar 20, 2008 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

waffles

New Head-Fier
I am currently in the US Navy. I will be getting out soon and am looking for a university to attend. I have visited England a lot, and have family that live outside London. I really like it there. I was wondering if anyone here goes to or went to Newcastle University. I scored well enough in school and on my placement exams that I am pretty sure I will get accepted. How is the quality of life at the university? Anyone know other foreigners that went there?

Thanks a lot.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #3 of 6
I am a little partial to staying near the water, but I wouldn't be against going inland. Do you like going to school there? How is student life there? They do offer what I want to study, so I will look more into there.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 6
its meant to be one of the best or best student union, i dont know how they do it in the states, but obviously its legal to drink here at 18 so good stuff, its a very good uni, good sports clubs

its got its own cinema, 3 club rooms, with events on 5 or 6 times a week in all 3, best thing about that is theres a different theme each night of the week

loads of bars, cafes, etc

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 6
Newcastle is the Edinburgh of England
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back