Newbie with X5 Question/ Problem
Mar 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Basil Fawlty

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I just bought a Fiio X5.  I love the sound, but I have a small issue I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I transferred all the song files from in iTunes collection onto my Micro SD card in the X5.  I did not drag and drop them from the iTunes program, but rather dragged and dropped them from their locations on my external hard drive. (Maybe this is my problem?)

Anyway, issue is that now that they are all on my X5, the genres do not match (in MANY cases) with the genre reflected for a given song in iTunes.  Anyone have any ideas why?

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 3
  Ok, so I just bought a Fiio X5.  I love the sound, but I have a small issue I'm hoping someone can help me with.  I transferred all the song files from in iTunes collection onto my Micro SD card in the X5.  I did not drag and drop them from the iTunes program, but rather dragged and dropped them from their locations on my external hard drive. (Maybe this is my problem?)

Anyway, issue is that now that they are all on my X5, the genres do not match (in MANY cases) with the genre reflected for a given song in iTunes.  Anyone have any ideas why?

I would assume the iTunes software has features to organize audio files that the X5 did not come with?

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 3

I would assume the iTunes software has features to organize audio files that the X5 did not come with?

Yes.  iTunes allows you to TAG music by genre and album, artist, etc.   But when I copied the files to the X5, the genres for the music were not as they were in iTunes,  Hoping someone with iTunes and an X5 can help me understand why and what to do to resolve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back