Newbie with newbie question...
Nov 28, 2008 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spidiracer

New Head-Fier
So I did a search but didn't seem to find what I was looking for and there is SOOO much information on this forum! I have a pair of Bose in ear headphones (that work GREAT) that I absolutely love. Unfortunately they are too big and do not block out enough outside noise to fit under a motorcycle helmet.

I would love to listen to my music while I ride but I'm not willing to sacrifice my hearing in order to do so... so I generally just wear ear plugs. I am wondering if there are buds out there that are small enough to fit with a helmet on and block enough noise from my motorcycle (which is a lot) to not damage my hearing... Impossible?

Thanks for any help. I'm sorry if this is a dumb and easy question...

Nov 28, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 4
the er-6i is good enough and will block out enough noise...but you're still going to feel all that vibration from your bike's exhaust...and to be honest, that's pretty annoying. If you can manage to test out a pair of buds with your helmet on, then go for it.

50 bucks is a good deal for those.

Nov 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 4
You didnt give a budget but I ride with Sure's SE530 and also my SA6. I bought the Kleer wireless adapter with the SA6 so there is no wire going to my player. Had to buy the comply foam tips to make them fit perfectly.

The newest Scala riders have dual speakers and a mp3 jack. It works good but you need to turn it up a bit. I have HK Sideburners so I know what loud exhaust is lol and the two IEMs I mentioned give me good enough isolation but I use full face flip face helmets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back