Newbie when it comes to DIY: Need to Locate Cases
May 23, 2004 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ImMersion

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Audiophiles,

Im getting into building amps (for myself, friends, family) and dont know really where to get some cases. I will mostly work with the PiMeta and Mint amps so i need to mainly find out where to buy those spiffy/nice tin cans from. Im not really talkin about the altoids tins (can get those anywhere) but does anyone know where to get glossy single color tins or tins with nice patterns or designs?

Also, where is the best/cheapest place to get Hammond cases?

thx a lot guys

May 23, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 4
alliedelec.com has the best selection of Hammond 1455 case sizes/colors, although I think there's a $25 minimum order. digikey.com and mouser.com carry some of the 1455 line. I'm not sure where to get tins. You may find interesting stuff at a crafts store like Michaels. I might have seen blank tins at the Container Store, but that was a long time ago. I remember seeing a nice cmoy in a black tin on ebay made by a head-fi member (I forget who :p).

May 23, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 4
There is a line of 1.75"x5" tampon cases with retro-ish imagery that might be right for some (definitely not all) recipients. In theory a Tangent MINT could fit, but I haven't yet tried it personally.

From Uncommon Goods
and Classic Hardware (scroll down)

warning: pinup and/or suggestive material may be offensive to some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back