Newbie to newbie guide how to get things
Feb 18, 2002 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Risa

New Head-Fier
I have put my recent experience and thoughts about general thing mostly relevant to newbies of this forum (and Headwize as well) into this webpage:
Getting headphones, headamp and such things
It covers, how did I get my Sennheiser HD580, how did I not get my CD player, how did I clone CORDA HA-1 and few other interesting things. Although it is mainly targeted to newbies, all comments are appreciated.
If anybody thinks that my English is not "top notch" feel free to help me (rather on private channel though
wink.gif
).

Feb 18, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 7
Wow...a truly amazing info page, Risa! Valuable not only to newbies, but to everyone. The way you cloned that amp boggles the mind!
wink.gif
Fantastic, comprehensive work, dude!

Feb 18, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 7
Definitely some impressive work with that clone designing. How much did it cost for the professional work to be done, like for the PCB and enclosure panels? (in case I missed it in the reading
eek.gif
)

Feb 19, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 7
RickG: I did my best, in fact, even Him (Jan Meier) said, it is almost perfect clone
wink.gif

Possum: The cost of BOPLA profile (already anodized) was CZK 877 (USD 24), manufacturing of both lids (including material, excluding anodizing) cost CZK 1464 (USD 40), black anodizing was for box of chocolate
wink.gif
PCB - one sided, 70 um copper, solder mask and HAL (no silkscreen) in +/- 0.2mm tolerance, two pieces, total cost CZK 1758 (USD 48).
Other direct expenses were for parts, knobs, power cord.
Teflon insulation did my father in spare time
wink.gif
Plus several months of hard work
cool.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 7
Lots of good work Risa! If you ever need help getting something headphone related from the USA please let me know.

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 7
M Rael: Your good will is definitely appreciated here
smily_headphones1.gif
. However, when I think about what I might need next (looking at my inventory suggests some quality source), it seems I will probably end up with something "international" rather than U.S. specific
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back