Newbie to head-fi here. Introduction maybe?
Jun 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

deltawave

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone! 

I was directed over here to the Sound Sciences section by another forum member.
Where do live sound guys like myself fit in? I understand many of y'all have lots of experience in the pro market, hopefully I'll be able to help out in some creative discussion and learn a lot along the way. 

Some facts about myself-

I've been interested in concert audio engineering for most of my life, started volunteering at churches, running audio for clubs, ect. 

Years later I have a bit of experience in the Pro-Audio, Video, and Lighting fields, and I am in the process of finishing up a degree in production engineering. I am currently the Asst. Head of Production for a "Mega-Church" overseeing a the flagship campus.

Artists/Companies I've worked with-

Gungor
Big Daddy Weave
The Almost
Merideth Andrews
Little Big Town
Lee Brice
Special Events Services
Sterling Group
Audio Ethics
ABC
Chick-Fil-A
W-S State
and others-
Due to a contract clause I can't post some others that I've worked with and am currently working with.

Hope for great discussions to come!

Deltawave

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 29

Here be Dragons!​

Turn away now while you still have the chance!​

beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 29
Welcome to head fi, and to sound science. I'm relatively new to the hobby myself. I've found the regulars at sound science very helpful, and are very generous with their advice, hence I have only positive things to say about them. Another site which I find useful is Lord Voldemort's blog. I recommend that you give that a read as well.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 29
Welcome Deltawave!

I have a friend who is working in large scale PA systems. He has some very interesting ideas about speaker design and equalization. He's working on a prototype speaker that would involve two sets of four cabinets with four 18 inch speakers in each that fit together to form an exponential horn. 18" x 4 x 4 x 2 in exponential horns! It should be able to rattle the moon!

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 29
Welcome!

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:
Hey everyone! 

I was directed over here to the Sound Sciences section by another forum member.
Where do live sound guys like myself fit in? I understand many of y'all have lots of experience in the pro market, hopefully I'll be able to help out in some creative discussion and learn a lot along the way. 

Some facts about myself-

I've been interested in concert audio engineering for most of my life, started volunteering at churches, running audio for clubs, ect. 

Years later I have a bit of experience in the Pro-Audio, Video, and Lighting fields, and I am in the process of finishing up a degree in production engineering. I am currently the Asst. Head of Production for a "Mega-Church" overseeing a the flagship campus.

Artists/Companies I've worked with-

Gungor
Big Daddy Weave
The Almost
Merideth Andrews
Little Big Town
Lee Brice
Special Events Services
Sterling Group
Audio Ethics
ABC
Chick-Fil-A
W-S State
and others-
Due to a contract clause I can't post some others that I've worked with and am currently working with.

Hope for great discussions to come!

Deltawave

Welcome! Oh yes, the word 'placebo' is considered offensive and is also prohibited here. 
size]

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:
Whatcha doin' there uchihaitachi? Trying to get the thread locked already?  We're using a new code word for that now, "Pleeb-er-oo". Pass it on.  And take a couple yourself.

Oh gosh how could I forget. I would like to sincerely apologise for my transgression in using such a word. The offense that is pleeb-er-roo....

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #12 of 29
We can talk about double blind tests, we just can't talk about why you might need them!

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #13 of 29
DBTs can only be discussed in the Sound Science forums I might add, or Big Brother may come knocking, or should I say locking.

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 29
You are >here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back