Newbie Switch Question
Dec 6, 2004 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

d00dz

100+ Head-Fier
Alright, I've used the search feature and looked at tangents website, but couldn't find a simple answer to my question.

With the recommended SPDT switch from tangents web site for the cMoy amp, I have no idea how to connect it. It only has 3 prongs and both outside prongs are connected to the middle one when the switch is in the on position. Now how do I connect it between the 9v battery and the circuit board? Wouldn't i need two seperate SPST switched in one for both the +'ve and -'ve ends of the battery?

-'ve -------/ ------- -'ve battery
+'ve -------/ ------- +'ve battery

Thanks

Dec 7, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 5
no you don't. all you really need to do is connect the switch to the positive lead of the battery. if this is the configuration of the switch:

+1 | / on
+2 |-- off
+3 |

then you need to connect the battery V+ to number 2, and the circuit V+ to number 3. that's it. number 1 is if you want the cmoy to turn on by flicking the switch downward.... which is weird.

Dec 7, 2004 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Alright thanks....I guess i can use any SPST switch then, such as a simple lever switch since i don't really like the look of the toggle switches...

Dec 7, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg
then you need to connect the battery V+ to number 2, and the circuit V+ to number 3. that's it. number 1 is if you want the cmoy to turn on by flicking the switch downward.... which is weird.

Not quite wierd. It depends on where you live. I grew up prefering flicking switches up to switch things on. Probably because most of the switches I've used are rockers where you press down to switch on.

Dec 7, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Disconnecting both battery leads at the same time can potentially reduce a thumping noise that you'll hear when switching on and off.

DPDT is the type of switch you are looking for in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back