Newbie questions
Apr 30, 2006 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tawcan

New Head-Fier
I'm kinda new with this whole headphones business. Been doing quite a bit of reading but I still have a few questions.

Currently I'm using Sennheiser HD477. Being an open headphone, I found it lets in too much background sound in (and music out).

I've been looking around and sorta have my eyes on HD455 and HD280. The main difference between these two seem to be one is open one is closed?
confused.gif
Also there are two different versions of Hd280, black and silver, is there much difference between the two?

I went into Tommy Lee Music Store today and saw a pair of HD280 (black) for $145 Canadian. Is that considered as a good price?

Seeing how a lot of Sennheiser's high end headphones are open, is that the prefered design for high end models? I understand air goes out so the drivers don't have to fight against the air, but is that better compare to closed?

confused.gif

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawcan
I went into Tommy Lee Music Store today and saw a pair of HD280 (black) for $145 Canadian. Is that considered as a good price?

Hmm, you should be able to find the HD280Pro for around $115 Canadian. As for the HD455, it is indeed open. It is also quite inferior to the HD280Pro in all respects. It is also not supposed to be in production anymore and has been replaced by a number of other products in the Sennheiser lineup.

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Seeing how a lot of Sennheiser's high end headphones are open, is that the prefered design for high end models? I understand air goes out so the drivers don't have to fight against the air, but is that better compare to closed?

Generally, this is true, until you get to the really high end ATH models.

Apr 30, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Realy 455 is discontinued?

So comparing HD455 and HD280, which one is better in terms of listening to music in a noisy environment (bus for example).

Is there much difference between HD280 and HD280 silver?

Apr 30, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Realy 455 is discontinued?

So comparing HD455 and HD280, which one is better in terms of listening to music in a noisy environment (bus for example).

Is there much difference between HD280 and HD280 silver?

280 is better.

I don't know about any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back