Newbie Question and hello!
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ianmedium

Headphoneus Supremus
I everyone, have jumped in and Joined the forum and so far have found it very informative and I hope you can help with my question.
I have just replaced my old Sony walkman NWS705 with the Sony NWZA826KB 4GB Walkman(the one that comes with bluetooth as well as IEM headphones.
I replaced the old one mainly for the fact that it is almost impossible to see the display on the 705(old eyes!!)
I love the sound of the new unit with the OE IEM's it comes with, the bluetooth headphones are ok, not HIFI but not too bad either and useful in non critical listening applications where freedom from wires is advantageous!
So to the question!
What would you recommend as an upgrade to the OE IEM phones?
I am thinking price range between $100-$200 Cad.
I am not a Credit card sort of person so do not shop via the "net" so am limited in choice to stores here in Vancouver(Canada).
I can get Shure, Klipsch, eytomtic, JVC, v-moda and I think westone but am still checking on that one!
My musical taste are very varied, for instance on the sony at the moment are Vince Gill, Big and rich, mary chapin carpenter, Puccini, Mahler,Hayden, Beethoven, Bruce Springsteen, Ry Cooder and VM Bhatt(a meeting by the river) Sex Pistols, Fatboy Slim, Human League, so as you can see a fairly wide spectrum of musical taste!
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and input!
All the best.
Ian

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Bump! If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! I did see some Shure SCL 2's yesterday, what do people think of those? If there was one musical area that is most important for me it is simple acoustic stuff, mary chapin carpenter and such1
Thanks again for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back