Newbie question about X3's digital out.
Mar 22, 2014 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

punterab

New Head-Fier
Hi,  I am new to the whole HD audio world, and I have a question about my new   Fiio X3.   I use the coaxial digital out  to an input on my Pioneer VSX 1021 receiver.     I can play back 96/24 files very nicely,  but as soon as I switch to 192/24 files.  it won't play them, or when it does in very short sputtering bursts.   I have the newest 2.1 firmware and I'm pretty sure my Receiver has a  DAC that is 192 compatible.   Does anyone have any ideas?    Also is it an optical out as well or just the wired type?
Thanks 

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi,  I am new to the whole HD audio world, and I have a question about my new   Fiio X3.   I use the coaxial digital out  to an input on my Pioneer VSX 1021 receiver.     I can play back 96/24 files very nicely,  but as soon as I switch to 192/24 files.  it won't play them, or when it does in very short sputtering bursts.   I have the newest 2.1 firmware and I'm pretty sure my Receiver has a  DAC that is 192 compatible.   Does anyone have any ideas?    Also is it an optical out as well or just the wired type?
Thanks 

I just listened to my X3 feeding Asus Xonar Essense STU with 24/192 music over SPDIF without a problem. My guess is, the SPDIF receiver chip on your Pioneer receiver doesn't have the bandwidth for 24/192 music. Up until very recently, most S/PDIF receiver chip nly supports up to 24/96. While the DAC in your receiver might be 24/192 capable, the SPDIF might not be. You might want to try another source to be sure, and maybe try another cable as well.

X3 only has a coax SPDIF connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back