newbie Quest -- so I've now ripped into flac & mp3... how to get onto Nano 2nd Gen?
Oct 21, 2008 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DunninLA

100+ Head-Fier
I appreciate the answers to my post of Sunday asking about how to rip my 200 cds into digital. I took the advice to use EAC and rip them into FLAC, and then use Foobar2000 + LAME to make a 2nd copy of each song into MP3 V0 245Kbps. I have ripped about 20 cds so far.

I have a Nano 2nd Generation player in the home not being used anymore by my daughter who now has a Touch.

Do I load the MP3 into Itunes to get the MP3s onto the Nano, or is there some other way I load them not using ITunes? You see I've never loaded MP3 onto anything and I'm not sure how it's done.

If I just skip the free Nano and buy a Sanza Fuze 4G or 8G (which I understand is better sound quality), is it easier to manage this loading process?

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 6
Its definately easier to get a Sansa Fuze. Drag and drop and native FLAC support makes things definately easier. Its just a matter of copying your flac or mp3 files over to your sansa fuze wich should be recognized as a removable disk by windows.

Though loading tunes on your ipod via itunes is not that much harder. Depending how you set itunes to manage your library, its just a matter of importing your files to its music library then hit the synchronize button. You can also convert your FLAC files to ALAC files to keep it lossless. You can do that by converting FLAC files in foobar2000 to wav and then importing the wav files in itunes. You can then convert those wav files to ALAC if you want to save space and battery life. This whole process is a pain in the ass though.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 6
Another Ipod newbie here. I've got a Touch 2G and have copied my cd's to wav files (using EAC) and then used Easy CD-DA Extractor to convert these to m4a(AAC) at 160 kbit/s Stereo files which I then drag and drop to Itunes.
There's a heap of other output file formats available (in Easy CD-DA Extractor) that I can convert to (.aac, mp4(AAC), aac(aacPlus) etc). Is the m4a(AAC) output file I'm using the best I should use for SQ?
thanks

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another Ipod newbie here. I've got a Touch 2G and have copied my cd's to wav files (using EAC) and then used Easy CD-DA Extractor to convert these to m4a(AAC) at 160 kbit/s Stereo files which I then drag and drop to Itunes.
There's a heap of other output file formats available (in Easy CD-DA Extractor) that I can convert to (.aac, mp4(AAC), aac(aacPlus) etc). Is the m4a(AAC) output file I'm using the best I should use for SQ?
thanks

The best would be ALAC although since it is lossless, the files would be quite large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back