newbie - please be gentle
Sep 29, 2007 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

raelamb

100+ Head-Fier
Back in the 90's I was a "Linnie". Karik, Numerik, Klouts, Kremlin, and Keltiks. When 2 channel super audio happened I achieved bliss. Through those years I owned many headphones, Grado 100's, Stax Lambda Pro's, Koss Pro 4 AA's, Sennheiser 600's, and just about every Sony ever made. When mp3 happened I had the HanGo player that had a 60 gig hard drive when ipods only had 5 lol.

Fast foward to 2006 and the Linn **** is sold to pay off my nasty ex wife and my new smaller apt and changing world force me into full time portable audio. I was using a 5.5g ipod couple with a Simpl power amp with a crappy little cable connector out of my headphone out with a pair of Sony MDR-6's. All encoding done at Apple lossless.

Now we get to last month when I get my 6g 180gig classic. Somehow I stumble across this URL and my life is changed! I get Ray Samuels' tomahawk and a jumbo cryo. After reading everybody's posts here I figure it's time to upgrade my headphones. I rescue my Sennheiser 600's out of my ex's house and HATE them. Like I have a blanket between my ears and the drivers, completely muffled with no highs and reticent bass. I go to my local shop and try the top of the line AKG's..YIKES...worse than the 600's. Now I try the 325i's and I'm fairly impressed. Nice soundstage, nice bloom, tight and warm bass, and very efficient. Cool.

So I come home, call up Ken at ALO, and buy a beautiful pair of modded 325i's from him and now after 2 days....

I think I like the ******* Sony MDR V6's BETTER!!!

What is wrong with me???????

[size=large]HELP[/size]

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 14
This the wrong place to ask for help, you need to run from here as fast as you can.

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 14
ouch.

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 14
Welcome to Headi-Fi , sorry about your wallet

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #5 of 14
okay, you listen here n00bIe.

you're nothing, got it? you're a little maggot with ears dipped in ****.

i'm not your mommy or your daddy or one of your loser, so-called, friends. i'm your worst nightmare!

you got that...neubeeeeeee?

what makes you think you are worthy, eh? did your mommy coddle you and say "you're my special little guy, someday you're going to be an Audiophile. coochecoochecoo."

Well I'm here to tell you, sister, that we're going to break you down--into little pieces! Then we're going to put you back together!

You *will* distinguish bright from warm!

You *will* diy an lod!

You *will* distinguish yourself in pointless arguments about Apple vs. ____, which is the best headphone for music released between June, 1971 and September, 1973, and does copper cable sound warmer than silver cable due to _______!

You *will* learn the proper and deadly usage of "x2"!

You *will* place an order with Ray Samuels while he's in the shower!

You *will* quote with devastating brutality.

And that is just on the first day!

Do you think you have what it takes! Well, do you??!!

You you might, just might, make it to Head****phonieness Sup****ingness.

But I doubt it.

Feh, you disgust me! Drop and give me 20!

-m

p.s., welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, you listen here n00bIe.

you're nothing, got it? you're a little maggot with ears dipped in ****.

i'm not your mommy or your daddy or one of your loser, so-called, friends. i'm your worst nightmare!

you got that...neubeeeeeee?

what makes you think you are worthy, eh? did your mommy coddle you and say "you're my special little guy, someday you're going to be an Audiophile. coochecoochecoo."

Well I'm here to tell you, sister, that we're going to break you down--into little pieces! Then we're going to put you back together!

You *will* distinguish bright from warm!

You *will* diy an lod!

You *will* distinguish yourself in pointless arguments about Apple vs. ____, which is the best headphone for music released between June, 1971 and September, 1973, and does copper cable sound warmer than silver cable due to _______!

You *will* learn the proper and deadly usage of "x2"!

You *will* place an order with Ray Samuels while he's in the shower!

You *will* quote with devastating brutality.

And that is just on the first day!

Do you think you have what it takes! Well, do you??!!

You you might, just might, make it to Head****phonieness Sup****ingness.

But I doubt it.

Feh, you disgust me! Drop and give me 20!

-m

p.s., welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!
wink.gif

lmao. best post.
3000smile.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 14
How did you get a 6G iPod classic one month ago?

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 14
First: What do you listen to?

Also: I don't own any RSA amps, but isn't the Tomahawk supposed to be mostly for IEMs? Also the AKG k701 (assuming you tried them) require LOTS of burn-in time.

Hmm.... do you feel like trying IEMs?
evil_smiley.gif
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet and stuff.

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #9 of 14
Ingwe, Hopefully his name is not Lawrence......Lawrence sounds like royalty.LMAO
cool.gif
Your post should be a newbie sticky.

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ingwe, Hopefully his name is not Lawrence......Lawrence sounds like royalty.LMAO Your post should be a newbie sticky.

Kubrick. sigh...
cool.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #11 of 14
There's nothing wrong with liking your V6 more than the expensively modded 325i's, just as there being nothing wrong with liking less expensive gear over more expensive gear.

Btw, are you sure you got the classic one month before?

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #12 of 14
Some funny stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Ray said the tomahawk would be fine to drive headphones. I do intend to try in ears again when the um3's come out but I had ear molded etymotics when they first came out and did not like them. I'm in the record business and listen to lots of different music but mostly classic and contemporary rock, jazz, and R&B. I do like my music loud. Before I started using portable amps my ipods were always turned up all the way. I'm now using the tomahawk most of the times at 4/5 of the volume level. I make my living with my ears and feel my hearing is pretty discerning. I also recently had them tested and much to my audiologist's chagrin my hearing thank G-d was still "perfect".

Thank you all for your input - both serious and satyrical
smily_headphones1.gif
and yes of course I got the classic the firs day at the apple store! I'm 51 and time seems to pass much more quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back