Newbie needs help deciding on headphones!!
May 15, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #16 of 25
I own a pair of hd280 pro's and would not recommend them, unless you're a bass head. (I would never of bought them but they where a gift). IMO, if you're after a cheaper headphone look at the AKG240 or Grado SR80.

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #18 of 25
Does anyone still care about ATH-ES7s? They seem like an excellent choice in the 100 dollar price range. Just have to watch out for those counterfeits. I accidently bought a fake pair on ebay (lol never go ebay buying these), but I'm going to have another go at a legit store.

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #20 of 25
I use my grado sr-60s at work they leak some sound but not much and no one cares. We all have headphones at work so no one really cares so maybe different than your environment.

Sr-60s are about $69
Sr-80s are about $80-$90 or so I think.

Definitely lots of trebel for non electronic music.

Jun 8, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #21 of 25
There are a lot of opinions and disagreements about headphones, especially on this forum. Really, the only way I think you will be truly happy with your decision is if you hear them a lot and then decide.
I've never heard them but I've heard some very good things about the Ultrasone HFI 700's and 780's. You might want to give them a listen along with the other suggestions on this forum.
One more suggestion: Take with you a CD of the music you normally listen to and play it while you are auditioning the headphones. Good luck!

Jun 8, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #22 of 25
wow you have some requirements. Well IMO pay double the price you told us and get some better headphones. 50 or 100$ is not that much. consider 200-300 and you can get some headphones im sure you will be pleased with. just my 2 cents

Jun 8, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 25
At the US$100 range, I think the Alessandro MS1 would be a good choice. It is very, very lightweight and the comfy earpads should be comfortable enough, but it sounds better with bowl pads.

Jul 7, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #25 of 25
+1 for the RP21's. But if comfort is a must, then you will have to mod them with beyer DT 770 pads. They are a bit clampy, but they can easily be loosened up but streching them overnight while burning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back