Newbie needing some help.
May 2, 2009 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Yoyi

New Head-Fier
Hi all.

I am waiting for my MS-1s to get here on the mail
smily_headphones1.gif

These are my first pair of decent headphones. While I wait I was looking into amps.

Right now I have this cmoy (from ebay) with some KSC75s

I wanted to know if there is anything better that I might be able to get. I have a budget of $50usd

I was looking at the little dot micro. But I am not sure if that is just marginally better than the cmoy.

Do you guys have any recommendations??

Thanks a ton

May 2, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 9
I would save for something in a higher price bracket. There are three members here who did some nice portable right-ups. I would recommend you listen to the headphones before picking out the amp too. That way you can add some color to the proper part of the music if you like. HeadphoneAddict, Skylab, and Jamato8 have all written some nice portable reviews.

Another way to go would be to build one yourself or have one built for you. Much cheaper that way. Do a search on Mini 3. Look in the 4 sale section too.

May 2, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 9
x2 in the mini^3 if you got the high current version it would drive your headphones quite well. but I do not believe yiou should spend any money until you have a. saved some more and b. heard the headphones just as olblueyez said. I would recommend an amp that does not emphasize the mids and has very smooth highs for them

May 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 9
I have a cheap cmoy right now so I will wait for the MS1s to get here and try them out with and without it then decide if I want to spend on something bigger.

I also want to build a cmoy myself since I love DIY projects.

Thanks so much for all the input guys.

May 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoyi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a cheap cmoy right now so I will wait for the MS1s to get here and try them out with and without it then decide if I want to spend on something bigger.

I also want to build a cmoy myself since I love DIY projects.

Thanks so much for all the input guys.

Good luck on your CMOY....DIY is always fun!

May 5, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #9 of 9
I agree this. However, I found MS1 to be a little thin and bright, so IMO they can improve if paired with warm amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly the MS-1 will work superbly without an external amp. I recall that the MS-1 improve little with portable amps unless you are planning on using a full blown tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back