Newbie - Need Quick Advice
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

djm2112

New Head-Fier
I have the opportunity to receive either the UE Triple.fi 10s or the Shure SE530. Primary use wil be with 160GB Ipod Classic. Use for running and working out. What are the pros and cons of each (I hae read other threads, but just looking for quick opinions at this point)? Thanks in advance

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the opportunity to receive either the UE Triple.fi 10s or the Shure SE530. Primary use wil be with 160GB Ipod Classic. Use for running and working out. What are the pros and cons of each (I hae read other threads, but just looking for quick opinions at this point)? Thanks in advance

SEEEEAAAARRRRCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 10
ok, there are MANY threads on both here but if it was me, no way I would use either for running or working out, especially paired with a classic. Way too bulky, try a nano or shuffle paired with RE2's or the like.

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by djm2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unless you feel rich, you should "receive" multiple pairs of cheaper IEMs if you're going to be running/working out with them.

SE530, BTW. Triple.fi are a little big to be running around with them in your ears. Bleeding things could cause whiplash.

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 10
Sansa clip + AKG K81DJ for working out<3
The thunderous bass keeps me going!
But seriously? Can you even hear difference between high-end headphones when working out?
So why even bother using them? Go for low-end when working out..

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 10
WHAT! 80 bucks for the SCL4?! That's Crazy with a capital C!
BUY them right now and never regret it. It's the right thing to do.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #10 of 10
Using these for working out is a horrible idea, for so many reasons.

First, your classic will get damaged, since it uses a hard drive. Second, your headphones will get damaged by the sweat. Third, working out desensitizes your hearing. Because these headphones have strong sound isolation, this means you'll be listening very loudly without realizing it, which will damage your hearing.

I recommend getting a shuffle and Sennheiser CX-380s. That's what I use for working out. I couldn't even begin to tell you if those headphones are the best choice for working out, but given that they're waterproof and very comfortable IMO, I don't see why they wouldn't be a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back