Newbie Looking To Upgrade From MEE M9, Need Help
Feb 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
I just think it is amazing that a $14 pair of IEM's lasted for a full 2 years - Did you use them every day? (M9 - and I do have a couple pair - bought for my son because he is tough on them) I love my IE8's and TF10's - but there is something about an all metal body...

Yes I used them everyday, they got me through my last couple years of college. That includes 6+hrs per week of gym use. Was very happy with the build quality of the M9's. I still can't understand how the wire got cut to be honest.

Quote:
While the cord is an issue they sound so good....I can overlook it.

If you can wear your MP3 player on your arm or up high anywhere above your belt the cord length is perfect.....and I'm sure the Japanese engineers had this in mind when designing it.

I only wear the CKM50 at my desk so it's not an issue.

I'm willing to try any iem mentioned in this thread since I'm always looking for an impressive iem for a good deal...... but I doubt any of them can even  touch the Audio Technica CKM50....they're like an ART series monitor shrunk down..

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding the cord issue on the CKM50s. It comes with a cord extension. Without the cord extension, it barely touches my belt clip. With the cord extension it can reach my toes and more. 

I understand it comes with a cord extension but wont that bring microphonics and static. Remember I will be using these in the gym alot. Also that length with the extension even sounds bad, just thinking about the amount of cable I will have to stuff into my pockets,,,lol

So to you guys the CMK50s are better than the Betas and Trident in terms of sound quality?

And I havent purchased yet still having a hard time making a decision.

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 18
Bump.

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #18 of 18
I know the M9 sound pretty well having owned it also for about 2 years. They're outlasted my first M6 which was purchased at the same time.

I haven't found a true successor to the M9 sound. I'm not sure you'll find a substantial improvement under $100 though. I foresee a dynamic driver in your future but I'm not quite sure which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back