NEWBIE looking for best full-size headphone HELP!!
Jan 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

king9988

New Head-Fier
Need help finding the most comfortable for long wear with the best quality sound.
-I work in an office on the computer 8-10 hrs/day.
-I listen to mostly Alternative, EDM & hip hop.
-Music I listen to comes from itunes, siriusXM, spotify, and downloaded from the internet.
I want something that I can wear all day long that is going to be comfortable on my head. I would like to keep the price <$400 but I think that budget is pretty good. I went to Guitar Center last night and out of the 10 pairs I tried on there, the Pioneer HDJ-2000 felt the best+quality.
I use other headphones to work out/portable, these would strictly be for long periods of time in the office. I need all your help with experience bc trying to narrow down all the headphones online by reading reviews is just taking me in circles and getting exhausting!

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Does it matter if its closed or open?

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
-I listen to mostly Alternative, EDM & hip hop.

Pro900 or D2000, both have good bass but recessed mids. D2000 is also closed but leaks a lot and in a office... D2000 is more comfortable but the pro900 is much more robust. I think if you listen mainly to EDM/hiphop, the pro900 ll be better for you, but otherwise, the D2000 is a very good all rounder headphone.

There is more cheap too like the HFi580...

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
No as long as its comfortable and my co-workers can't hear all my music blasting.  
From the sounds of responses so far, the Denon D2000 sounds like the best bet. Any other suggestions?

The D2000 is an excellent headphone but if you don't want disturb your co-workers, its maybe not the best choice,lol. D2000 leaks a lot.

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
you want closed. open = "my co-workers CAN hear all my music blasting"

Quote:
The D2000 is an excellent headphone but if you don't want disturb your co-workers, its maybe not the best choice,lol. D2000 leaks a lot.

Agreed on both points.  The Beyerdynamic DT770 (non-pro) might work.  It has good comfort, good isolation, doesn't leak, and has deep and mildly emphasized bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back