Newbie looking for an affordable upgrade
Aug 26, 2012 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nobody0160

New Head-Fier
I'm not much of an audiophile, but I want to buy some affordable inner-ear headphones. I've had Razer Morays for the past few years, but they seem like they're losing sound quality. What would you recommend to me to get the most bang for my buck?

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 7
I suggest starting here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/guide-some-great-sounding-ear-monitors

Head here after that:

Be warned that if you computer does not have very much RAM the following link may cause your system to crash.  It is a very large thread with multiple pictures and very complete reviews of over 250 IEM's.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-250-iems-compared-ultimate-ears-100-added-08-20-12

Personally I like my Brainwavz M2 with Comply T-400 foam tips.  They were only $70 on sale and the tips were an additional $15 for 3-pairs.  They are durable, sound pretty amazing for the price, and are quite comfortable.

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Maybe you could give us an idea of what exactly, sound-wise, you want in your headphones? Do you prefer a more analytical sound signature, or do you like your headphones to have a large sound stage (hard to find in low end IEMs)? Otherwise, that Multi-IEM post is great, but it might take a long time to look through all of it.

If you're anything like me, you're going to use that as just a starting point when looking for your headphones. You might end up spending days (read: weeks) looking through other reviews of IEMs. Oooor, that could just be me . . .

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 7
I honestly wouldn't know the difference between an analytical sound signature and a large sound stage. I'm just looking for something that will have good sound quality for my gaming and music that's fairly affordable.

Aug 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Got it. I've seen the klipsch s4s on sale alot recently. They're great headphones for casual listening, and I think they would work well for gaming too. Try to look for one of those sales though, since the discounts are really good. I don't know where exactly these sales are though. Just heard about them a while ago. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back