Newbie looking for a new DAP
Jan 3, 2017 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MAntunes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys!
I am looking to buy a new DAP, my first real one.
I've got a budget of 250€, but that doesn't mean that I have to spend it all. I also have to buy a good size memory card.

Things I would like to have:
 - Good sound quality (obviously);
 - External USB DAC (to connect to my phone/PC);
 - Line out (to my car);
 - Spotify/Tidal streaming (not obligatory).

DAPs I have been looking at:
 - Fiio X3ii (are they going to launch a X3iii in a near future?);
 - Shanling M1;
 - Aune M1S;

At the momment I'm only going to use it with IEMs (Tennmak Crazy Cello at the moment) and I'm kind of reticent in buying them through Aliexpress due to customs tax.
I'm more inclined to the Shanling M1 because of its price and USB DAC and the Aune M1S (still waiting for the production units reviews).
Should I wait for the Fiio X3iii? If it comes with Android it might fullfill all my desires.

Hoping for your answer,
Miguel

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

I had the Fiio X3ii and sold it. I just bought another one because I miss it. I highly recommend it.

If you'd like streaming ability you may have a tough time in that budget range. One option is to take your cell phone and stack it with an external amp/dac. Maybe pick up a Oppo Ha2 or something like it. I highly recommend that. They just update it with a better Dac. You can also use that amp with a computer.

I know fiio just updated the X5 and that should be out early this year. I don't know too much about it but it will probably be just above your budget.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back