newbie learning to understand sound terms..
Apr 26, 2011 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

redwarrior191

100+ Head-Fier
okay..so i am currently searching for my second headphones (currently own ad700).. however, i am really confused with some of the impressions written here in headfi..
1. could a pair of headphones be bright and warm at the same time?? because reading several impressions about hd598, some say it has the nice sennheiser warmth, but some others say that they're certainly on the bright side (including a review from headfonia).. so, how could that be?? could someone explain?

2. i also read several reviews about the sennheiser hd25-1 ii.. everyone mentions them as neutral and revealing headphones with strong but tight bass and linear extension to the mids and treble.. Now I also dont understand about this.. If the headphones have strong bass but flat mid and treble, wouldnt they be considered dark??

3. when i read in the thread about hfi-580, everyone compare hfi-780 as being the enchanced treble+bass version of hfi-580.. Now, with the hfi-580 already have a recessed mid, i'd imagine mids on hfi-780 will be even more recessed..but how come in the hfi-780 appreciation thread everyone says that hfi-780 have forward mids??

i'm sorry if maybe i asked some lame questions, i just want to be more "educated" in this area..
cheers..

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 3
Everyone is different, you have to find what you like. What it your price range, and music taste and we will recommend you a pair of headphones or two
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 3
i know about that..in fact i'm not really in the market for new headphones.. it's just that after reading several threads here..i found so many conflicting opinions.. so of all the three points above, they differ only because of the different perceptions of the listeners?? i thought before it's because my lack of understanding of "audiophile" term like bright, dark, thin, etc... but still, how could someone describe the hd598 as bright while others describe them as warm?? aren't bright and warm completely opposite of each other?? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back