Newbie just saying thanks
Dec 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

monk3ym4jik

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the information on this website. It's has really helped me in my search for a pair of good starter portable headphones.

I originally wanted a set of B&W P5s because a friend of mine had a paid and I loved them. After doing more research here, however, I was swayed towards a pair of Audio Technica M50s, but didn't like the lack of portability with them. Luckily, found a pair of ATH-ESW9A's for a great price (~$150.00 with FS). I can't wait for them to come in the mail in a few days time.

I have my mind pretty well set on one of the new FiiO Andes DAC/AMPs (also thanks to research on the forums). Since I'm a starter, I don't want to shell out that much for an amp, and I need one that is portable and can also do DAC stuff if I want to plug my ESW9A's into my macbook pro.

In any case, just wanted to say thank you for everything.

P.S.: I know the phrase going around the forums... I'm sorry for my wallet too.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 2
Great to have you and welcome to the community. :).
What a grab on the price!

Hope you enjoy the combo and synergy (as we always hope a combo can go well).
Come back and post your listening experiences. Give them some time out of the box (or you can do first impressions too :D).

I do believe this is the reason why I constantly cannot find my wallet. It is always running away from me. Just like how it has hidden my credit card somewhere in my car.

Enjoy!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back