Newbie iPod owner hardware/software usability questions
Nov 8, 2006 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sonick

500+ Head-Fier
So I finally took delivery of my 60gig refurbished iPod from Apple.com. its my first iPod, and I have a few questions regarding the usability.

I previously owned a Creative Zen Micro, and it had several features that seems as though the iPod does not have, but I may just not have found that option:

1. Changing the order of menu items. I would like to move the NOW PLAYING menu to the very top, and change the order of the other items.

2. Sleep timer. If I want it to shut off say, 30 minutes later, does the iPod have this function?

3. Add-to-Now Playing. If there are a few songs currently in the playlist of Now Playing, and I want to add another album to the Now Playing list, is this possible? Or would I have to wait until the Now Playing playlist is finished, then manually start the other songs by selecting it? Or do all playlists have to be set in iTunes?

4. Importing music. The Creative Software allowed me to "Import Music" to the Zen by selecting files off my computer and then importing them. With iTunes, I currently have to go through the extra step of adding them to the iTunes Library before I can drag it from the library to the iPod.

That's it for now, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back