Newbie Introduction
Feb 14, 2014 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Stillhart

CanJam@RMAF 2015 Karting Champion
Hi all,

I'm new here and just wanted to post a quick intro.  I came here mainly looking for info on the Astra A50 for use with my Xbox One.   I found a LOT more information than that though (Mad Lust Envy's thread is amazing!).  I love sites like this that offer so much awesome information, so thanks to everyone who have posting helpful stuff.

I'll be posting my questions in existing threads probably.  If anyone is curious here are the general things I'm wondering:

- Can anyone confirm whether the Xbone will be processing the virtual Dolby and passing it to the controller so you can use 5.1/7.1 through the controller without a Mixamp?

- Is it worthwhile to get an A30/Mixamp 5.8 combo just for the 5.8 (since they're hard to find otherwise) and then getting a good wired headset/headphone (PC360, etc), or should I just get an A50/PLYR1 and not worry about it?

- If my first question works out (Xbone doing the decoding), then I probably shouldn't even be considering a wireless solution?  It seems like even wireless headsets require a wire to the controller so if I'm plugging into the controller ANYWAYS, I might as well get the good stuff.

Anyhow, that's my wandering chain of thought right now.  Happy V-day all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back