Newbie Intro
Oct 21, 2009 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fenixdown110

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd just like to say hi and introduce myself as an emerging audiophile, thanks to a friend.
dt880smile.png
I got bitten by the bug. I recently purchased my first serious pair of cans, Sennheiser HD-555's, and I love them after the initial burn in. I'm looking to buy a Zero DAC Amp pretty soon now. I hope to learn more with my stay.
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 11
Thanks.
biggrin.gif
And yes, my wallet hurts. I'm already in a little over 500 bucks, but I'm loving every moment of it.
smily_headphones1.gif
I got a feeling this might get out of control really fast if I'm not careful.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 11
Yes! Now I can finally revive my party!

*ahem.*

Sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #8 of 11
might as well take the opportunity to introduce myself as well. new to the game, but my wallet hates all of you preemptively. frequently on the go (commuting for work, travel, hitting the gym, etc.) i have focused my resources on IEMs. picked up UM2s for myself and Turbines for my wife (a dancer, very much about the bass), but am looking for any advice on a "bang for the buck" set of cans. assume ~$300 budget, but I am really focused on the "bang for the buck" maxim (it guided me to the Turbines, which I love).

i should reiterate that i am ultimate noobcakes at this point (in terms of knowledge; I think my ear is discerning), and would appreciate any advice re: the cans issue above, but also the necessity/benefit of an amp. please assume zero knowledge.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Pesto, Esq. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
might as well take the opportunity to introduce myself as well. new to the game, but my wallet hates all of you preemptively. frequently on the go (commuting for work, travel, hitting the gym, etc.) i have focused my resources on IEMs. picked up UM2s for myself and Turbines for my wife (a dancer, very much about the bass), but am looking for any advice on a "bang for the buck" set of cans. assume ~$300 budget, but I am really focused on the "bang for the buck" maxim (it guided me to the Turbines, which I love).

i should reiterate that i am ultimate noobcakes at this point (in terms of knowledge; I think my ear is discerning), and would appreciate any advice re: the cans issue above, but also the necessity/benefit of an amp. please assume zero knowledge.

Post a "hello" thread in the full-size headphone forum. $300 is a nice amount to work with as there are a large number of nice cans in this range. Up it to $350 and you'll get even better selection, including former top-of-the-cans like Senn 650s if you can find a good site.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #11 of 11
I feel like I'm possessed by something. No, you're not late at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back