Newbie in need of headphone help.
Dec 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Razargh

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fi community, 

I have recently been looking at some new headphones to purchase for Gaming, DJing and Casual Listening (All via the PC).
I'm looking about spending around £120 and have been looking at the AD700's and the M50's, but i have read some threads on here talking about the variety of cans on the market. 

I'm looking for a headset that is well balanced with a good bass.

Appreciate the help,

Thanks,
Razargh.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 7
What genres of music do you listen to? Do you want a bass-heavy can or just good bass with a neutral sound? Would you also be using them with an iPod or other MP3 player?

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm kinda an all rounder for music, but i do listen to dubstep etc on occasion.

I have a Creative X-Fi Titanium card also, would this be good enough for sound quality alone or will i need an amp?

I wouldn't like a "heavy" bass just one that is punchy with a good neutral sound, these will not be used with an mp3 etc just the PC.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 7
What is your budget? 

Quote:
I'm kinda an all rounder for music, but i do listen to dubstep etc on occasion.

I have a Creative X-Fi Titanium card also, would this be good enough for sound quality alone or will i need an amp?

I wouldn't like a "heavy" bass just one that is punchy with a good neutral sound, these will not be used with an mp3 etc just the PC.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 7
If you're looking for something neutral in that price range, the Fischer Audio FA-003/Brainwavz HM5/LINDY Premium Hi-Fi (they're all pretty much the same can, though official specifications have not confirmed that they're exact copies) is a great up-and-comer. It is light, well-built, has a great soundstage, exceptional instrument separation, and isolates sound well. It's one of the best deals currently out there.

Sincerely,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back