Newbie help!
Jan 8, 2017 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lillie

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I need recommendations for full size headphone suitable for use with Fiio x3 2nd gen with flac files. I am currently using Sennheiser px210 on ear and Panasonic htx7 over ear which I realise are not going to get the full listening potential of this dap.

I prefer the over ear sound and feel. I mostly listen to rock/alternative music and do like a bass sound. Budget would be around £100-£150 . Don't mind buying second hand to get better headphones.

I have read reviews etc but I just end up going in circles.

Really appreciate any suggestions given. Thanks

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi I need recommendations for full size headphone suitable for use with Fiio x3 2nd gen with flac files. I am currently using Sennheiser px210 on ear and Panasonic htx7 over ear which I realise are not going to get the full listening potential of this dap.

I prefer the over ear sound and feel. I mostly listen to rock/alternative music and do like a bass sound. Budget would be around £100-£150 . Don't mind buying second hand to get better headphones.

I have read reviews etc but I just end up going in circles.

Really appreciate any suggestions given. Thanks

The B&W P7 has nice bass. The NAD HP50 is more balanced and also a good choice. I like the AKG K553 Pro as well. The Beyer DT 770 Pro has abundant bass, but it is a bit at the expense of the mids, which are somewhat recessed. But still, plenty of bass (also a bit of a peeaky treble). The Beyer COP has a cool technology that allows you to dial in the amount of bass you want. That's kind of cool. And one more that I like is the Blue Lola, which has emphasized bass. You might read about these and see what you think.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 7

Thank You  serman005.

I will read those I think they be a bit over my price range though. Anyone any thoughts on Sennheiser Momentum over ear,  can get used in my budget.

thanks.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 7

Thank You  serman005.

I will read those I think they be a bit over my price range though. Anyone any thoughts on Sennheiser Momentum over ear,  can get used in my budget.

thanks.

I like the Momentum 2 very well--has good bass response and is fairly comfortable Haven't heard the Momentum 1 in too long to say anything about it. From what I  hear, though, if you can swing the M2, that seems to be the preference.

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 7
You could also look into the Sennheiser HD380 Pro.  I have a pair and really like the sound.  The bass is plentiful but tight.  You should be able to get those new in your price range.

The clamping pressure is on the high side at first but gets better with a little wear.  Even at first I would say they are comfortable right out of the box with very good isolation. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Hi,

Thank you for your help and suggestions. Went with over ear Sennheiser momentum 2.0 in the end. Managed to pick som new ones on Amazon for a bargain £138. Really loving them so far really say quality and so far comftable.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Great!  I'll have to try them soon.  I've heard a lot of good things about the Momentum 2s.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back