Newbie Help: DAP and SD cards
May 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Howdy Ladies and Gents.

So my 5th gen iPod classic (with rockbox) just died and now I'm looking for another high capacity DAP to fork money out for.
As a non-fan of Apple (Antiappleism?), the thought of purchasing a new Classic just, well, nauseates me.  Alternatively, I'd be much happier getting a DAP which has better audio and smaller capacity along with a 64gb SD card.

However, after looking through some past threads, I'm bemused as to how to go about this?

-  Firstly, can someone run through the basics of SD cards (and micro?) and tell me what I need to know about them in a concise, idiot-proof manner?  

-  Secondly, are there many compatibility issues I need to know about?

-  Thirdly, can you recommend and memory cards?

-  Finally, are there any DAPs you could also recommend/combinations of memory cards and DAPs?  (I was looking at the Cowon D20, thoughts?)

In summation then,  I need a DAP and SD card.  CAN YOU HELP!?
Thanks plenty for any help peeps and please use as simple terminology etc. as possible.  

Cheers

I think you only have a couple legit options available in that price range, but I am sure someone will chime in with a couple more options like one of the Cowon players with which I am not familiar.

1) Sansa Clip+ - the low budget option.  Throw Rockbox on it and have a heck of a player with 64GB for less than $75(USD);

2) Colorfly C3 - the more expensive and better sounding option.  The UI is spartan, but you can't argue with the sound quality.  You can get a C3 and 64GB for less than $150(USD); or

3) Wait it out for one of the Fiio x3 players.  That could be a couple months off...

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back