Newbie Headphone for drummers question
Jul 2, 2008 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

penguin123

New Head-Fier
I am looking at getting new headphones. I play an acoustic drum kit turned electronic, and I play it with headphones .....currently standard enclosed Bose non noise cancelling headphones ......... Would I be better getting in ear monitors or another set of regular headphones? ..... would the external stick noise get through with in ear phones vs enclosed ones ...
Thanks in advance .............

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 3
If the external stick noise is a problem then you will want to look for iem's or a closed headphone (by enclosed I'm assuming you mean over the ear, many headphones of that design don't block outside noise) that has pretty good outside noise attenuation.

Jul 7, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 3
I'm currently using Shure e5c's and Sennheiser HD25-1's for my electronic drums (roland TD20).

In a nutshell, the HD25-1's have a little less isolation than IEMs (still plenty for electronic drums, though) and the sound is a more even across the lows, mids and highs than the E5c's.

The E5cs have great bass presence and are a bit warmer overall than the HD-25's. Cymbals are less piercing and the treble is more bearable with the E5c's. The HD-25's can be a little harsh at times, but offer a more balanced presentation.

It boils down to personal taste but these two are definitely good candidates for what you're looking at.

Good luck with your search!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back