Newbie Go-Vibe 4 question
Mar 26, 2006 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

YukiBear

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody this is my first post. I recently purchased a used Go-Vibe 4 off the for sale forum here at Head-fi.org. I know that you can change op-amps but does anyone have any instructions as to how? Does it just pop out or do you need special tools? How do you remove and put in op-amps? Sorry for the stupid question.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 8
From Norms old site

1 Switch amplifier off and unplug all cables.
2 Remove all four case screws and the battery.
3 Now you can slide the amp forward out of the case and expose the op-amp.
4 Using either a very small screwdriver or similar instrument, gently pry the op-amp straight upwards taking care not to bend the legs.
5Consult the picture below for proper op-amp orientation and carefully plug in the new op-amp, again taking care not to bend the legs.
6 Re-assemble the case by reversing the process.
7 Plug in your headphones and source and listen to the new op-amp.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 8
Note: If the opamp is AD8397, it's not swappable (otherwise it should be).

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Let me add one more thing... I have a go-vibe V3b that i bought here and learnt a few things the hard way.

Orientation of the amp is very critical or you might end up frying it ( thin wisp of smoke and poof it's gone). OPA2227P is easy as one side has a groove like D. You can never miss it. However if you have one of those socketed amps like the AD8620 or AD8066AR it does not have a sign on how to orient it.

The picture below will help orienting it

http://abrokenmind.org/uploaded_imag...3-8-700012.jpg

Hope this helps.

Mar 26, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ath
The picture below will help orienting it

http://abrokenmind.org/uploaded_imag...3-8-700012.jpg

Hope this helps.

See that square pin in the pic above (upper right corner of adapter)... it should go in the direction of the U-shaped notch on the female part of the adapter.

Mar 26, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #8 of 8
aha! That opened my eyes. Thanks Fewtch.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back