Newbie Audiophile
Dec 21, 2018 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dbenjam

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I'm a late comer to this hobby, but I have been really enjoying learning and listening to really good music.

I have a couple different set-ups right now. For mobile listening I have:

Astell & Kern AK70 MKII and a pair of 1More Quad Driver ear buds or sometimes I listen through an iPhone 8 and Dragonfly red

At home I have: DacMagic Plus and a pair of Sennhesier HD800 and Beyerdynamic T90. I use a Jitterbug and Audioquest cables. For non-headphone listening I use a pair of powered Klipsch speakers

I have a Tidal Hi-Fi subscription and some hi-res albums from HDTracks.

I have A LOT to learn, so I'm excited about this forum and learning more from all of you veterans.

Best regards,
David

Dec 21, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 8
For being a late comer, you have nice setups.

Hope you enjoy the forum

Dec 23, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 8
I would advice you to purchase ROON and get bitperfect streaming. It makes a big difference. Luckily Roon is built upon Tidal. Its probably the best audio purchase I've ever done (except for my current rig I guess, hehe)

Dec 23, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 8
I would advice you to purchase ROON and get bitperfect streaming. It makes a big difference. Luckily Roon is built upon Tidal. Its probably the best audio purchase I've ever done (except for my current rig I guess, hehe)

Thank you for the advice. I had considered Roon, but I really only listen to music in one area of my house, so I don’t need the multi room function. I use Audirvana for my music management system and it seems to work quite well for my purpose...plus it’s a whole lot cheaper! :)

Dec 24, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 8
Since I cannot post in other forums yet can you answer a question that I have? If I plug my Dragonfly Red into an aux cable for, let’s say, my car stereo (stock system), how does the stereo system’s DAC handle the incoming signal since it will already be analog? Does the internal DAC by pass my Dragon Fly? Thanks!

Dec 24, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #7 of 8
Any sound that comes out of your Dragonfly Red is analog signal so your stereo's AUX input will go straight to the integrated amp unless your stereo is programmed to convert analog to its own internal DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back